How To Access That Content...
(Were you trying to access a teaching but got redirected here?)
If so, it's because that content is just for "support team members." Let me explain...
(Existing team members can Login to access the original page.)
So...what is this 'Support Team' and why did Tim make it?
First, I understand the disappointment you may be feeling at not accessing the content you were hoping to. I know how you feel because this happened to me, too. I was visiting a friend's blog to listen to a podcast but found out it required a login and payment. It was annoying since I was used to only free teaching from this person for years. Why the change?
Thankfully, in my case, I decided to stop and ask him about it rather just go away mad. He explained how he had been led by God a while back to provide special, often deeper content as a "thank you" for supporters, the people who stand with him and financially support his research, writing, podcasts and videos. To my surprise, he said he was receiving more income from the support team than he was from his book sales (and he has many more published books than me).
This was intriguing because I had recently been praying about an income problem and what to do about it. My Know the Future book sales had been declining for years (due to the changing mobile/video web—not a lack of interest from readers). Book income (and occasional donations) have been my sole support since 2008, but lately they were not enough anymore. I was in danger of running out of savings with a wife and two children including one in international school here in Germany. (He could not get into free public school due to high level German needed.)
When a reader the same weekend told me he would stand with me for monthly support if I would set up a support team and commit to adding a new video per month, I knew God had confirmed this direction. It's very rare when someone "puts their money where their mouth is" backing up their suggestion to help with a financial commitment. And indeed he became my first support team member when I created it in October, 2016.
But is it Scriptural?
Friends, if I was independently wealthy or had great patrons behind me, it would be a different story. But for now I need your help to keep producing and sharing my Bible teaching. In case you worry this is wrong (as many Christians even suggest is the case for charging for my book), please note that Paul addressed this issue with the Corinthians. He said it was not only "OK" but actually right and appropriate for Bible teachers to receive material support for the spiritual support they give:
1 Corinthians 9:1-14 (ESV) — 4 Do we not have the right to eat and drink? 6 Or is it only Barnabas and I who have no right to refrain from working for a living? 7 Who serves as a soldier at his own expense? Who plants a vineyard without eating any of its fruit? Or who tends a flock without getting some of the milk? 8 Do I say these things on human authority? Does not the Law say the same? 9 For it is written in the Law of Moses, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain.” Is it for oxen that God is concerned? 11 If we have sown spiritual things among you, is it too much if we reap material things from you? 13 Do you not know that those who are employed in the temple service get their food from the temple, and those who serve at the altar share in the sacrificial offerings? 14 In the same way, the Lord commanded that those who proclaim the gospel should get their living by the gospel
Hope this helps you to feel good and right about supporting my work.
Thank you for your interest in supporting my work at EscapeAllTheseThings.com. Here is the content waiting for you as a Support Team member:
- What's the First Sign of the End? Jesus' "Gospel of the Kingdom" Proclaimed Again (After 1900 Years Without) - Jesus had a different Gospel than Christianity. In Matthew 24:14 he said the return of this gospel was the key event right before the end begins. Unlike Wormwood, which shows the end is here, this sign comes in good times and means they end soon... So what is Jesus' gospel and why have you not heard or understood it until now? Find out in this mega 7000 word article (most of my articles are around 2000 words).
- "Depart from me; I never knew you!" - Jesus (Mt 7:23). The scariest event in prophecy is Jesus predicting he will tell sincere believers to depart rather than enter the kingdom. Why does he say this? Who does he say it to? How do you make sure you're not not rejected on that day, too? Understand that and the one requirement for salvation Jesus taught that Christianity does not in this major 4000 word article (double the size of my normal articles).
- The Story of My Next Book That I'm Writing With Katrina - In this podcast (mp3) with Katrina, we cover my next book. I cover the insight about Christians I saw only after answering 50,000 of their emails that inspired the book. Hear how it will help you as a believer in a way we've all needed, but we have not known or put our finger on before. Also, learn how Know the Future returns in this book.
- How and Why We Moved to Germany: A podcast explaining, "Why I'm in Germany now." I tell the story of how we "graduated" from Costa Rica after 16 years there to an upgraded life in Germany. Germany has given us a lifestyle conducive to conducting and sharing deeper research. And now, interestingly, we're just 4 hours from Israel (so I plan to visit again, in 2017)...
- 3 Secrets To Finally Understand (and Obey) The “Sermon On The Mount” of Yeshua (Part 1) I'm most excited about adding to the two "Sermon on the Mount"-based articles above. I want to share next powerful keys to the sermon. With these keys you will finally have a practical, workable understanding of the most important sermon of all time.
- Coming in January: Part 2 of "3 Secrets To Finally Understand (and Obey) The “Sermon On The Mount" of Yeshua" that includes keys #2 and #3. Key #2 shows you the real topic of the sermon which is not requirements for salvation (thank God!). With key #3 you can implement the sermon in your life even if you don't understand every verse!
- Coming in February: Christians often quote Jesus' command, "freely you've received, freely give" (Mt 10:8) to say people like me are wrong to charge for their Bible teachings. I even heard one teacher on YouTube quote it at his audience as reason to give him money for his free YouTube broadcast they receive (!). Find out what this phrase really refers to and how this explains a very difficult and troubling question you may have had: Why are divine healings today too often elusive, partial and temporary when the healings of Jesus and the apostles in the Gospels and Acts were so the predictable, complete and permanent?
Support Team Options
If you are interested in the special teachings above and want to access, join the support team by making a one time (for one month) or recurring donation (every month) by clicking on a “Donate” button below. This creates an account on this website for you at the same time. You receive an email with the login and password so you can have instant access.
Please make the amount of your donation a matter of prayer before Yehovah God. Katrina and I hope you appreciate the information enough to support its continuation. We can’t do it without you!
If you have any questions or problems with the payment buttons below, use the live chat window below (if I'm at my computer) or email me.
$10/one-time for one month of access
$20/one-time for one month of access
Note: You can change or cancel the billing amount at any time inside.
Trouble With PayPal? Try This Workaround
I'm getting reports that some have password problems or strange errors from PayPal using the team payment buttons above. What has helped for several has been to use my old Donate Page instead which is less restrictive about needing a PayPal account. Try there if a button above fails to make a payment but makes a free account without access. Then email me and I will credit your account manually with the donation. (If it is not a monthly recurring subscription, be sure to tell me how many months of access your donation is intended to cover.)
For larger amounts, and to avoid too much of your donation going to PayPal commissions (around 6% of the total) you can mail a check or money order made out to Tim McHyde to:
...with "for deposit to account #435006751070 (State: VA)" as the endorsement on the back of the check/MO (important!) and also notify me by email (email@example.com) with your mailing address (if you ordered softcover).
Please be sure to include your email address.
Once we have your email address from the donation, you will be emailed from tim@EscapeAllTheseThings.com with login information. For more options and information, please contact me using the contact form or by calling +1 701-205-4168
Without your generous participation we could not continue our calling of teaching the Word of our heavenly Father and empowering people with understanding of the Bible and God's will.
Please pray for us and thank you for your interest in joining the Support Team. It is by the grace of Yehovah and Support Team members like you that we are able to continue sharing his Word!