David Meade's Planet X 2017 Arrival book claims overwhelming proof of well, you know, the end of the world in October 2017. Does it present anything new after so many failed doomsday dates? Yes, but dreams and visions from people you don't know or recognize may not be a "good new." Find out why this book's predictions will fail like all the rest before it (and why it's getting attention despite this).
Planet X Doomsday (Again)?
After requests from several readers, I am taking time to comment on yet another doomsday date theory: David Meade's Planet X 2017 Arrival book (2016).
I share my rationale because every time I review another author's book, I do so at the risk of being accused of "knocking" other authors. I receive such accusations from people who do not understand how many emails I get from worried readers terrified by the doomsday speculation of my peers. They imagine malice on my part for criticizing the ideas (not the person) of another teacher and miss the distinction between the two. Often it's because they agree with the other author or have bought his book. If I am not in agreement, then I must have some hidden reason or motivation (or so they suspect).
But my motive is to seek and speak truth, in love, not to put others down (Eph 4:15). If it offends some, that I cannot help.
With my intentions now stated, if you had told me after the first big Planet X doomsday date failed in 2003 that there would be several more that get attention continually after, I would not believed you. Of course, back then I did not understand that there is always more people growing up and getting online who have never heard predictions like these before who wrongly assume that there must be something to a prediction if someone would bother to put it out there... (More on that assumption later.)
For those who missed it, Planet X/Nibiru has been predicted to interfere with Earth on the following dates:
May 15, 2003(ZetaTalk) This prediction is what lead to me hearing about Planet X for the first time in 2002. 2012(Mayan Calendar speculation) March 26, 2016(Gil Broussant's failed "Planet 7X" prediction)
- October, 2017 (David Meade "Arrival" book)
Despite the fleeting track record of Planet X doomsday predictions, to my surprise, this book has been featured in unusually high-profile places online like:
The last two are tabloids but even they don't usually cover a doomsday date put out in a book by a conspiracy theory author.
In the book, David Meade claims "overwhelming evidence for the 2017 arrival of Planet X / Nibiru" as part of an eight-object "solar system:"
There is no hiding this incoming solar system any longer! It consists of a dark star, smaller than our sun, which hosts seven orbiting bodies, some smaller than our moon and a couple of them larger than our Earth. ... The planet that is larger than Earth that is orbiting the dark star is called “Nibiru.” ...
The evidence to support this is overwhelming. There are 40 volcanoes erupting at the same time on Earth now. Earthquakes have dramatically increased both in number and intensity. The Elite are frantically building underground “safety” bunkers. ... Storm systems are multiplying ... Sinkholes and cracks are appearing in the earth’s crust. Heatwaves are getting stronger and are lasting longer. I’m just waiting for the fat lady to sing!
So much dramatic global evidence makes one wonder how everyone but Meade missed this? After all, if an entire solar system with planets bigger than earth is on a collision course with earth with all these signals, why are we not astronomers seeing and reporting on it? David Meade writes on his website:
This system is ... coming to us from an oblique angle and toward our South Pole. This makes observations difficult, unless you’re flying at a high altitude over South America with an excellent camera. ... The public is being kept in the dark deliberately to avoid panic.
Strange that scientists prefer ground-based telescopes when airplane-based cameras can give them even better observations, right? And as you will see below, there is no way anyone could "keep the public in the dark" when the public has the ability to see Nibiru with the naked eye if it existed..
The evidence in the book would be better described as "underwhelming" by anyone using an objective, critical eye. As many reviews on Amazon about the book attest, the book is a disappointment because:
- It lacks hard scientific proof for Planet X.
- Instead has dozens of pages of religious evidence including dreams and visions.
- It presents little, if anything, you won't already find on the Internet.
And that last point is really characteristic of this subject. Planet X/Nibiru is an internet hoax theory with no scientific evidence as NASA says. Yes, NASA may have found Planet 9 and they have found several dwarf planets since 2006. But what they keep finding is nothing big or close enough to threaten the earth.
Let's look at that and some of the other claims quoted above:
- "observations difficult"? Professional astronomers can tell you that even a single object the same size as earth would be spotted years in advance by even amateur astronomer telescopes. Something many times bigger than earth (as Planet X is always claimed to be) is not arriving October without the internet exploding with amateur sightings of something so important because it would be visible with the naked eye already. As NASA scientist David Morrison said, "No one could hide Nibiru if it existed." If it was real, there would be photos.
- "earthquakes increasing"? Check the USGS and British GS sites and you will find no confirmation of increased earthquakes in recent years—apart from manmade earthquakes like from fracking. They dispute claims that there is an uptick apart from that.
- "Volcanoes" heightened? Again reputable sources contradict this claim, including the "40 volcanoes erupting" one. Nothing escapes the Internet eye, so where is the panic over the clear increase in vulcanism? It's not real.
- "Multiplying Storms / Heatwaves"? I guess right here I could say we better call Al Gore and tell him someone hijacked his Manmade Global Warming evidence. Again, the evidence that weather has gotten worse in recent years is disputed.
In the end, when you anyone resort to shaky, debatable evidence like the above, you ought to ask why? Because they do not have the proper strong indisputable evidence. In this case, astronomical sightings of the object, just like real scientists provide when they spot things as small as asteroids that may menace earth.
Listen to scientist David Morrison on three major problems with the main Planet X claims:
"Depart From Me, I Never Knew you!" - Jesus
Jesus' predicted he will tell many sincere believers basically to "get lost" instead of welcoming them into the Kingdom. So...who are they and what did they miss or do wrong? In this study, get those answers and the one requirement for salvation Jesus taught (that Christianity misses) so that you can make sure you don't hear these dreaded words yourself!
Planet X vs. Wormwood
Given the evidence and sound logic above, a reasonable person must rule out a large planet ever sneaking up on earth in accordance with the Planet X / Nibiru conspiracy theories. It would be spotted years in advance. To believe otherwise just requires ignoring too much established fact to accept.
Obvious problems like this is why I have never believed in Planet X / Nibiru (although I used the name in the title of my book because so many people do believe in it).
What I have always believed in is Wormwood in Bible prophecy (Rev 8:10-11). Wormwood is the name given to the object that people will blame for the global calamities that Revelation spends the better part of three chapters describing (Rev 6-8).
But if Planet X can't exist or we'd see it, what about Wormwood? Great question...
How Wormwood Works While Planet X Does Not
To answer that you have to understand what Wormwood is and how it differs from Planet X theory. As we read above, Planet X is some huge object, on some huge orbit which may have brought it by 3600 years ago and may have other objects with it. All this makes it impossible to hide or not see evidence of in our solar system as David Morrison says.
Wormwood has none of those dubious and problematic claims. Revelation does not say it came before or that it comes with anything. And what about the size?
In your Bible you will read that it is a "star" which would be huge, even a dwarf star. But the Greek word that "star" is translated from (aster) is not specifically a star. It can mean any objects in space besides the Sun and Moon. It can be a star, planet, comet, asteroid, or meteor.
To determine which it is, you have to play detective and read the clues Revelation gives in its disastrous effects:
- It causes a unprecedented great global earthquake (Rev 6:12).
- The quake "moves every mountain and island out of place" (Rev 6:14).
- Shooting stars simultaneously completely fill and stream across the sky (Rev 6:13).
- People hopelessly duck for cover in the caves in the mountains (Rev 6:15).
- Rocks begin to fall and burn up all the grass and asteroids hit the ocean (Rev 8:6-9).
- Revelation records a new calendar of a 360 day year and 30 day month immediately after.
Why A Dwarf Planet?
The only object that could explain all this is a dwarf planet. That's a planet below the size of Mars or less. We began discovering them around 2006 (which lead to the demotion of Pluto from planet to dwarf planet). Unlike with large Nibiru objects, scientists say there are still more dwarf planets out there, lurking. If were dark (non-reflective) enough and coming from the South Pole, perhaps it could escape notice until months before impact, creating the panic described in Revelation 6:15.
- A dwarf planet would still be big enough to cause a great earthquake as it passed earth. Yet small enough that earth's superior gravity would be able to rip it apart, causing it to (at least partially) disintegrate (Rev 8:10-11).
- This would result in many pieces, like shotgun blast of shooting stars (Rev 6:13), meteorites (Rev 8:7), and asteroids (Rev 8:8) raining down on the earth. They light up the sky as they fall from heaven to cause destruction below (Rev 8:10-11).
- At the same time, Wormwood is still literally "falling on the earth" "burning like a torch" yet not in one single deadly piece. This then explains how a star can fall on the earth and we survive. It burns up as it breaks up and enters the atmosphere.
The devastation will effectively bring an end to civilization. Homes, infrastructure will be broken. Agriculture will be over with the reduced sunlight penetrating the dusty, smokey skies (Rev 8:12). People will starve and freeze until the Antichrist appears as "God" to save the world. They only need to take his mark and worship him for the food and supplies they need...
That's the real doomsday scenario coming not according to some conspiracy theorist on the internet but according to "a more sure word of prophecy" (2Pe 1:19) God delivered to us in the Book of Revelation.
To understand all about what's coming, God's plan to help you survive it and what you don't have to do now to prepare, read my book Know the Future available here on the site.
Don't Fear... Comprehend!If you liked this article, you will LOVE my book, Know the Future, a comprehensive, literal explanation of end time prophecy read by over 25,000 people since 2005.
Learn about Wormwood, the pretrib event that Christianity overlooks, even though a pretrib rapture won't save them from it. The book explains more on end time events than all this site's articles combined and is up-to-date in its 8th edition, in both softcover and ebook editions.
Your book purchase will not only bless you with understanding and me with support, but you will also bless others with new articles that your support enables me to write.
Receive Tim's Prophecy Updates By Email
Join 30,000 subscribers receiving Tim's new articles and updates by email. Understanding Bible prophecy better will dispel your end time fear and bless you (Rev 1:3).
Tim is the author of this site (since 1999) and the book Know the Future that explains Revelation literally at last--including the key event of Wormwood (Rev 6-8). To read more from Tim and not miss a single new article, sign up for his free newsletter above.