Question: why do you keep up with Tim's writing or serve God? If the honest answer to both is predominately "to escape the end," you are just like most readers, including one named Brenda, who have a major problem. In this podcast, Brenda tells the story of how a couple of my articles on the righteousness needed to reach or fit in at Judea spun her into depression because they exposed her wrong motivation for serving God (survival, not relationship) as a liability for end time survival. As Brenda's story shows, with the end times coming and the need to be both strong and righteous to have God's help (Lk 21:36), our normal tendency to be or feel unrighteous can be exceptionally scary and depressing. Are you ready to stop hiding from God and distracting yourself and to finally face your unrighteousness head on? You can overcome it starting now with the wisdom and successful strategies found in this podcast from Brenda, Katrina and Tim.
Most readers will want to consider the issue brought up in this podcast. I cannot count how many times supportive readers have let slip that their motivation for sticking close to my ministry for years was because:
- "You'll let us know when it's time flee"
- "I'm afraid of missing the call to flee if I don't keep reading your emails."
In the last months I've started to warn readers that if this motivation happens to be the same main motivation you have for seeking God, then you probably won't make it. These were the two articles along these lines:
- How God's End Time Protection Could Also Kill You
- Ten Reasons You Will Likely Reject God's End Time Escape
If you have not read them yet, I encourage you to check them out before listening to the podcast to understand the catalyst for Brenda's described melt-down for yourself. Try to take the articles' warnings about your righteousness to heart and search out prayerfully if you are on the narrow path of salvation with God (Mt 7:14) or on the wide path with the merely religious (Mt 7:13).
Outline of topics covered:Click to expand outline
- 0:00 — Tim and Katrina open by explaining pattern they have noticed with people in fellowship feeling down on themselves and withdrawing from God and fellowship over not being "righteous enough."
- 5:26 — For your family it is different as they can road your coattails like Noah and Lot's families did.
- 6:44 — Brenda starts her testimony of how two of Tim's recent articles rocked her self-confidence in escaping the end sending her into depression and a "pity party" ( One. Two.)
- 9:19 — Brenda realized that she was only focused on escaping the end, not in a true relationship with God.
- 10:43 — Brenda on the necessity of running to God instead of running away from Him when you feel scared of not being righteous or faithful enough.
- 13:36 — Brenda's testimony of seeing God show up powerfully when she walked back to God after being afraid. He showed up big time on the bus she drives!
- 15:39 — Brenda shares what made her shut down in her relationship with God.
- 17:53 — Brenda shares her difficult experiences of starting out with a relationship with God and also difficulties with churches and church people.
- 19:09 — Brenda shares what made her go from loving the world to wanting to love God with her whole heart.
- 20:20 — Tim shares how dangerous it is to try and escape end time events but not really want to get a closer relationship with God.
- 22:27 — Tim and Katrina share new ideas of what to do when you feel like trash spiritually.
- 24:04 — Brenda encourages you to talk to God and not run away.
- 25:09 — Tim speaks on the dangers of comparing yourself to others. We are all just children making mistakes as we are learning. It's OK.
- 27:01 — Tim shares his own testimony of how he used to be down on himself.
- 28:08 — We talk about how we actually "bully ourselves." Not cool to do!
- 30:05 — God gets offended when we bully ourselves and not forgiving ourselves. Ask God to help you see yourself as He sees you. Rebellion better defined and how to get out of rebellion.
- 32:44 — Tim shares Isaiah 41:10 God will help you. Don't get scared. He will help you overcome on His strength, not on yours alone.
- 34:47 — We overcome by the Blood of the Lamb AND the word of our testimony.
- 35:12 — Steps on how to effectively get out of being shut down or stuck. You must complete the cycle of judgment, mercy, and faith and repeat over and over.
- 39:20 — Katrina shares about how we transpose our feelings and dynamics we had/have with our family on to our relationship with God the Father, and Yeshua our Brother.
- 40:18 — We go back to elaborating on the steps to freedom- judgment, mercy, and faith. Stay out of perfectionism.
- 41:30 — God will help you the way He knows you need help, not the way you think you need help.
- 42:53 — Parable of the talents and how it applies to you in your life. Do not run away from God or be terrified of Him!
- 46:49 — Tim and Katrina clarify that fellowship or church is not required to grow spiritually, but running away from it or from God because of feeling ashamed is the problem.
- 49:00 — Katrina explains how "we sew fig leaves together" like Adam and Eve did when they sinned and were scared of God
- 52:00 — Tim offers an analogy of how it would not work to handle engine warning lights in your car the way people handle bad feelings about themselves, which are also warnings of something wrong to get help with not run away from
- 53:40 — Tim shares on setting our self-expectations properly low. To help he offers another analogy of how our lowly life with embarrassments today preparing us for glorification in the kingdom is like the butterfly's first stage of life.
- 57:00 — Katrina wraps up by including the Bible citations she missed earlier and reviews the action steps to get out of your self-critical funk/pity party.
Download mp3 here (again, requires sign in to work).
Receive Tim's Prophecy Updates By Email
Join 30,000 subscribers receiving Tim's new articles and updates by email. Understanding Bible prophecy better will dispel your end time fear and bless you (Rev 1:3).
Tim is the author of this site (since 1999) and the book Know the Future that explains Revelation literally at last--including the key event of Wormwood (Rev 6-8). To read more from Tim and not miss a single new article, sign up for his free newsletter above.