Jesus said "in this life you will have trials" (John 16:33) yet Christians receive no comprehensive training on how to "suffer well." Frankly, the concept of enduring trials with "joy" like Jesus' brother James describes sounds crazy and unattainable (Jas 1:2). That's what I used to think, too. After nearly losing our firstborn son and staying with him at the hospital for 24 days, we learned some helpful keys to maintaining real peace in trials. This podcast shares how we stayed in faith throughout the ups and downs. Includes a major breakthrough Tim made that can help everyone who squirms looking at people in hopeless situations like amputees. Listen to this podcast before your next trial comes!
There are some rich insights in this talk as detailed in the outline below.
Outline of topics covered:Read more...
- 2:40 – Three main ways to go wrong in spiritually and emotionally dealing with crisis type situations.
- 5:33 – Example of Joseph not complaining
- 6:38 – Not running away emotionally but staying present to learn what there is to learn in hard times
- 7:29 – Living and acting by knowing God is in the situation with us
- 9:00 – Why we need trials. Tim shares some things that this trial brought up for him to work on.
- 12:20 – Lessons of Abraham facing what he thought was the death of Isaac, and Moses' struggles to learn from.
- 14:30 – One of Tim's prayers in the midst of all this.
- 17:00 – Divine Healing study helped us
- 24:40 – Being uncomfortable with people who have special needs
- 26:48 – Tim explores an area that was exposed where faith was lacking
- 30:28 – Hidden faith issues gets light thrown on them from trials, and how to start healing those issues
- 32:00 – How Katrina stays so calm in difficult situations
- 34:47 – How to know what God wants you to do in the middle of hard situations
- 36:34 – Who is getting the glory? Someone plants, someone waters, and who is supposed to get the glory? Results orientation makes you lose every time.
- 37:40 – Is God more powerful than death for you? How you respond to situations shows the yes or no.
- 39:00 – How to ride emotions into faith instead of letting emotions ride you.
- 44:40 – Tim's short testimony of being healed from ulcerative colitis and the scares we had with Zach after coming home. The trials did not end as soon as we got home.
- 48:17 – F.E.A.R. (false evidence appearing real)
- 48:45 – Testimony of being helpful to those around us consistently even in the middle of a family crisis. It can be done by everyone.
- 52:00 – The goal is for God to be glorified no matter what happens, even death. How Katrina uses prayer to stabilize herself in the midst of chaos and struggles.
- 54:54 – Interesting comment from a person on Facebook that got many people going but it brought up a good point.
- 58:02 – The Chief of Staff blesses us even more. He helps us get a wheelchair and talks with us. God is good.
- 01:00:00 – Facing people in wheelchairs and other special needs. The blessings of not running away.
- 01:01:34 – Our marriage and relationship passed the love test in this trial, even when tired!
- 01:03:00 – In this life you shall have tribulation and count it all joy when you end up in trials. We are not special. You can do it too!
Download mp3 here (again, requires sign in to work).
Free outtake: I felt the need to cut this nice story from the podcast due to length but you may enjoy hearing how Katrina cures headaches and did so at the hospital.
(To listen to the free daily inspirational updates we did while in the hospital, go to hospital updates post.)
Please leave any feedback in the comments below!
Receive Tim's Prophecy Updates By Email
Join 30,000 subscribers receiving Tim's new articles and updates by email. Understanding Bible prophecy better will dispel your end time fear and bless you (Rev 1:3).
Tim is the author of this site (since 1999) and the book Know the Future that explains Revelation literally at last--including the key event of Wormwood (Rev 6-8). To read more from Tim and not miss a single new article, sign up for his free newsletter above.